We are delighted to announce that from January 2018 we will have moved to an office in the Fort Dunlop building in Birmingham. This office will replace the one we previously occupied in Castle Vale.
Originally built in 1916, the building was home to Dunlop Rubber Company Ltd – Europe’s largest tyre manufacturer up until the 1970s. However, sales declined over the following decade and large-scale tyre production ceased there in the 1980s.
Familiar to drivers travelling along the M6 near Spaghetti Junction, Fort Dunlop has held the accolades of once being the world’s largest factory and, in its latter, less illustrious days, becoming the bearer of the world’s largest advertising banners.
Having lain derelict for 20 years, the building was acquired by developers in 1999 and has been redeveloped into a vertical office park and hotel complex. With 360,000 sq ft of office space, a creche, cafes, retail space, a gym and a grass covered roof it is an excellent environment in which to work.
Its location adjacent to the M6 and A47 provides quick access to Birmingham city centre and the motorway network surrounding it. We’re looking forward to working in our new surroundings and continuing to provide a fantastic same day courier service to the West Midlands.